- Download Boost from the Boost download page.
- Unpack the archive and cd into the Boost root folder.
- As we only need template header libraries from Boost, we don't need compilation but just installation into the build directory:
./configure --prefix=$PWD/build --with-libraries=
- Download XercesC from the Xerces download page.
- Unpack the archive and cd into the Xerces root folder and run the following commands. The runConfigure command may vary depending on your platform. Consult the Xerces documentation!
./runConfigure -p linux -s -b 32 -P $PWD/../../build
|Changes in the PktAnon build setup
- Compiling PktAnon is now a little bit different, as the build system has to know where your private builds of Boost and XercesC reside.
- The ./configure command from step 5. now to looks like this (adapt the pathes to Boost and Xerces, all the following lines are just one command!):
If this command gives errors, try using CPPFLAGS instead of CFLAGS. And try using absolute path in the form /home/user/... instead of relative path
- Furthermore you have to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the Xerces library. It is best to write the following command into your ~/.bachrc file:
- Now continue with step 7. and 8. in compiling PktAnon.